Sunday, May 30, 2010

ruffles and alien green


I have been having so much fun sewing
up an outfit for my grandaughter Olivia.
I had found the cutest fabric at Joanns,
so summery with watermelon and cherries,
a pretty blue, fell in love when I saw it.
Knew it was perfect for Olivia.

So here it is, ruffles ruffles and more
ruffles. I love the double ruffles on the pants.
I'm just hoping they fit. I had her measurements
but...well...sometimes I end up a little off with
them! ha!

Don't ya love the color?

I have got a thing for fabric with cherries on it
now. I got another piece thats a soft yellow
with cherries and a piece of Mary Engelbreit
with all her fun little things on it plus cherries.
Dont know what I'm making with the fabric
yet, but then alllll the fabric I have is
in the waiting stage.

And the alien green. Well. I'm finally back on
the road. I have not really driven since Dec. '06.
Why, well between Dec. '06 and Sept. 07 I had
5 spinal surgeries. Now I'm healed, steady, pain
more or less under control and ready to venture
out on my own. As our other two cars are both
stick shifts, I really could not drive them. My
right side is a bit weak and gets very painful
very easily. So I needed a manual. And Bob
got me one! yippeeeee......Don't ya love it!




Its alien green which I think is funny as
all get out. And its not low, has a high
door frame so I don't whack my head..
I'm in love....and I'm back on the road...
yippee yippee yippee and howdy do!

I'm thankful Bob got me my Soul!
I'm thankful I am doing so much better.
I'm thankful my son David and his family are visiting next weekend.
I'm thankful I finally get to meet my new step grandson
I'm thankful David has such a wonderful little family now
I'm thankful the air conditioner just clicked on.
I'm thankful there is hershey chocolate with almonds
in the freezer..
I'm thankful for you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! The cherry outfit is to stinking adorable!!!!!
    Wow that is a lot of surgeries in a short period of time! I am glad you are better and even happier that you have a rad new car!!!! What a great hubby you have!!! :) Have a blast cruising around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric choice. Too cute!!

    Cool new car!!

    ReplyDelete